I’d like to profess my love for these tacos. In all honesty I love all tacos, but these hold a special place in my heart. Spicy smokey grilled chicken with fresh sweet pineapple salsa. The chicken and the salsa are a match made in heaven.
You can find the recipe and instructions for the pineapple salsa here.
I ate three tacos for dinner. I wanted a fourth but someone would have the roll me to the couch afterwards so I digressed.
For the tacos you will need: Salt & pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne, chili powder. garlic powder, olive oil and lime juice.
Toss all of the marinade ingredients into a plastic bag. Add the chicken. Move ’em around and everything coated. Let marinate for at least 4 hours, up to 8.
Get those babies on the grill.
Once cooked through pull off and let rest before slicing.
While the chicken rests grill those tortillas. Crispy warm tortillas. sigh…..
And there they are. All done and just waiting for me to enjoy. I topped mine with slice romaine, sliced avocado and of corse the pineapple salsa.
Spicy Chicken Tacos
1 pound chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
fresh-squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
Lime zest from 1 lime
- In a ziploc bag, mix together chicken rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Let marinate 4-8 hours in the refrigerator.
- If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes
- Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.